Thursday, October 30, 2003

[ 30102003 12.34pm | GROWL ]

i decide to skip lecture today so i can sleep in and study in the afternoon and then... ROAR!!! my DAD wakes me up at 8am thinking i have tuition!!! i was so disoriented that i just woke up and was about to get out of bed (i only get out of bed when i'm totally awake) when i thought about it and realised i had nothing on that early!!! he mistook my "i have tuition at NIGHT" for "i have tuition at NINE" help help help... i'm gonna spend the day sleeping...

HORRORS!!! i'm so upset yet amused now... have you ever seen the direct translation of jian dan ai? i'm gonna die laughing any minute now... it sounds so totally warped when put into english... chinese somehow has a way of sounding good... of managing to express things in a special way that no translation can do justice to. it'll lose the flavour... guess most languages are like that eh...


Lyrics: Jian Dan Ai :: English Translation
Simple Love

Unable to say why

I have become very initiative
If I have fallen in love with one person
Anything is worth going to do
I want to loudly announce
I am reluctant to part with you
Even the next-door neighbour can guess my present feeling

The riverside wind
Is blowing my hair to waft
Holding your hand
An unknown feeling
I want to take you back to my maternal grandmother's house
Looking at the sunset together
Straight until we are sleeping
I want to be holding your hand like this and not let go
Can love be pure forever without sorrow?
I
Want to take you to ride bicycles
I
Want to watch baseball with you
Want to be like this without worries
Singing songs
Constantly walking
I want to be holding your hand like this and not let go
Can love be simple without hurt?
You
Are leaning on my shoulder
You
Are sleeping at the pit of my stomach
( ???!!! )
Like this kind of life
I love you
You love me
Want
Simple!
Love~~~~~~~~~~
Want
Simple!
Love~~~~~~~~~~


Translation/pinyin/lyrics by Ho<阿豪>.

check out the original here.



No comments: